New Orleans: Drunk History Tour
- Explore the dark side of New Orleans in the infamous French Quarter
- Learn about traditional burial rituals, and why the vaults are above ground
- Hear what pirates, prostitutes and convicted felons have to do with the founding of New Orleans
- Investigate reports of vampires and ghosts still roaming the streets
- Stop at a bar or two and try out new drinks
Of course, no New Orleans tour would be complete without some stories of voodoo, ghosts and vampires, and this one is no exception!
Before the tour ends you’ll know where to find the most predictable ghost in New Orleans. You’ll also visit the most haunted house in the city and multiple locations where vampires have been seen!
Your guide will tell you how the practice of voodoo came to New Orleans. Learn about the voodoo queen, Marie Laveau and visit property given to her as payment for her magic! You’ll also see locations where voodoo ceremonies were held.
Check out some of the French Quarter’s friendliest and most historic bars. Needless to say, this tour passes a dozen bars at every turn. You’re welcome to stop in and refill your cup. The stops to get drinks refilled is offered as a courtesy and is intended to add to your experience.
Boozers, history buffs and paranormal enthusiasts alike are sure to have a blast on the Drunk History of New Orleans walking tour! Rewrite history by putting your own spin on some of New Orleans’ most talked about historical events and haunted locations.
This tour is for all ages and is kid friendly (although some locations do not allow children inside). If this is the case, the tour guide will wait outside, by the door, while the adults go inside to get refills on drinks.
- Tour guide
- Walking tour
- Gratuities (recommended)
Prepare for the activity
The local tour operator is not affiliated with the American Sports Saloon. Bartenders cannot check you in and they do not have any information regarding the tours. The tour meets and departs outside the bar on the sidewalk on the corner of Decatur Street and Gov Nichols Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
• No refunds will be issued for any reason
• Guests must check-in before the tour departs and cannot join the tour group at an alternative location
• Out of respect for guests, tour guides do not use their phones during the tour
• The supplier reserves the right to refuse service to participants who are intoxicated. No refund will be issued if a guest is asked to leave due to intoxication
• There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants. In the event of this occurring, you will be contacted in the hour before the tour is scheduled to depart and you will be offered an alternative tour or a full refund
• The supplier reserves the right to reschedule tours due to inclement weather
• The supplier is not responsible for any lost or stolen personal items or injuries sustained
• A fee of $60 will be charged for lost or damaged paranormal equipment
• Guests are not allowed to video the tour
From US$ 33.50 US$ 26.80 per person