Discover the French Quarter in New Orleans in style with a mule-drawn carriage tour. Learn about local history from your guide as you roll past sights like the St. Louis Cathedral and Jackson Square.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meet at the red umbrella in front of Jackson Square, normally near St Peter Street - but this may change during festivals. Staff from Royal Carriages will be wearing a red shirt. Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- All tour routes are subject to street closures due to parades and festivals which may close off certain streets in the French Quarter and Marigny
- Children 3 and under are free and considered "Lap Children".
- Wheelchairs can be locked up at Jackson Square meeting point
- Small Pets under 20lbs are welcome
- All carriages have covered seating and the carriage tours operate in the rain or shine
- There are no refunds for missed tour appointments due to rain
- In extreme inclement weather events, tours might be canceled for safety reasons
- All mules receive at least 3-6 months of vacation per year on a countryside farm