Louisiana Half-Day Cajun Bayou Tour from New OrleansProduct ID: 14402
From US$91 per personBook now
- Explore the bayous of southwest Louisiana
- Go on a peaceful pontoon ride through the cypress swamps
- Ride in a comfortable 13-passenger tour van with a small group and a great Guide
- Explore the swamp zoo of Bayou Boeuf
- Learn about Cajun culture
- Hear stories of alligator hunting and healing swamp plants from a great Cajun story teller
- Look out for alligators, turtles and birds
Drive out to Cajun Country through cypress swamps, traveling over the Mississippi River on an impressive suspended bridge. See vast sugarcane fields, as your guide tells the story of the odyssey of the Cajun people.
You will then go on a 90-minute narrated boat tour, drifting on a slow and covered pontoon boat through the winding bayous and remote cypress swamps of southwest Louisiana. Your Cajun guide is also an alligator hunter and fur trapper and will tell great stories of bayou life, as well as share knowledge of the reptile habits, healing plants, and exotic birds you will be looking out for.
Keep your eyes open for alligators, raccoons, snakes and native birds, such as the Louisiana Blue Heron, White Egrets, Barred Owls, and more.
After the peaceful pontoon boat ride through the bayou, explore the picturesque Swamp Zoo of Bayou Boeuf to get even more views of the critters of the swamp.
- Transportation from and to New Orleans
- Narrated boat cruise
- Local taxes and fees
- Food and drink
Pick-up from any hotel, bed & breakfast, private residence or restaurant in New Orleans, downtown, uptown (close to St. Charles Ave.), in or close to the French Quarter, and on the Westbank. No pick-ups from the airport, or in New Orleans East, Slidell, or the North Shore. (Open in Google Maps)
• Foreign language tour guides and escorts are available for French and Spanish speakers at additional cost upon request
• This tour runs any day a minimum of 6 people have been reached
• This tour is non-refundable within 72 hours of tour departure
• In case of inclement weather, such as hard rain or lightning, the boat ride may be postponed
Product ID: 14402