Old Delhi Street Food Tasting Tour
- Explore the winding backstreets of Old Delhi
- Visit a selection of hand-picked street vendors to try local specialties
- Wander through the largest spice market in Asia and experience the intoxicating aromas
Try local specialties such as chole bhature (fried bread) from the Punjab and dahi vada (fried flour balls in thick yoghurt). Sample a tasty aloo chat (fried potatoes with spices and chutney) and some delicious parathas (flatbreads). Cool your palate with a lassi and indulge your sweet tooth with some sugar-soaked jalebis, the local equivalent of rice pudding or bread and butter pudding.
Meat eaters can try some tasty fried chicken, while vegetarians will be in heaven in the bustling Matia Mahal neighborhood. Learn about Delhi’s historic walled city as you travel by rickshaw. Soak up the hustle and bustle of everyday life on the narrow streets, discover the largest spice market in Asia, and stop to admire the imposing Jama Masjid.
- Street food tastings
- Transportation by rickshaw
- People with mobility impairments
Prepare for the activity
Meet outside Gate 1 of the Rajiv Chowk Metro Station on Connaught Place. Gate 1 is located near the Wildcraft store. Your guide will be wearing a blue button down shirt, or a black hooded sweatshirt in the winter months.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
• The local operator cannot be held liable for any adverse reactions guests may experience