Take a 5-hour tour of New Delhi’s Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple for an enlightening journey through India’s glorious art, values, and contributions to the progress, happiness. and harmony of mankind. Watch the sound and light show.
What to Expect
Enjoy an afternoon tour of New Delhi’s Swaminarayan Akshardham Temple, the first temple of the Swaminarayan Sampraday Hindu sect. Built on the instructions of the sect’s founder in 1822, the monumental structure is based on Burma teak and features bright shades of different colors on every arch and bracket.
The temple epitomises 10,000 years of Indian culture in all its breathtaking grandeur, beauty, wisdom, and bliss, brilliantly showcasing the essence of the nation’s ancient architecture, traditions, and timeless spiritual messages.
Located in the complex is a multi-story guesthouse, medical center, and verdant gardens, helping to accommodate the million or more people who visit the day after Diwali.
Explore the beautiful Mandir, built without steel and consisting of 234 ornate carved pillars. Marvel at the 9 domes and 20 quadrangled shikhars. See the spectacular Gajendra Pith (plinth of stone elephants), and up to 20,000 statues of India’s great sadhus, devotees, and divine personalities.
- Transportation by air-conditioned car
- English-speaking guide
What's Not Included
- Tickets to the exhibitions and musical fountains (payable directly at the temple)
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the Swaminarayan Akshardham is closed on Mondays
• Cameras, video cameras, mobile phones, or any other electronic items are not allowed inside the complex
• Visitors can deposit their possessions in the cloakroom at their own risk and responsibility
• Visitors are not allowed to carry food inside the premises. Fresh vegetarian food and snacks are available at Premvati Food Court
• Smoking, tobacco, alcohol and drugs are not allowed in the complex
• No pets are allowed in the complex
• Visitors are requested to wear suitable clothing to respect the dignity of the place