Taj Mahal was built by a grief stricken Emperor Shahjahan as a memorial to his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. A world-renowned wonder, Taj Mahal sits pretty on the northern side of this green paradise. It looks the same from all the four sides!
What to Expect
Agra is one of the prominent destinations of the World Tourism map with three heritage monuments - The Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri & Red Fort. It is very essential to maintain the specialities of the city of Taj.
The Taj Mahal (Friday closed) , described as the most extravagant monument ever built for love, it was constructed by Mughal emperor Shah Jahan as a memorial to his queen Mumtaz Mahal, made out of white marble took 22 years to complete (1630-1652 AD). Ustad Ahamad Lahori, a Persian Architect, is said to be the main designer and planner for this magnificent memorial. On full moon nights, the glory of the Taj is at its best. Over the centuries, the Taj has attracted more visitors than perhaps any other Monuments in the country, and it is all too easy resort to conventional superlatives when describing it. What makes the Taj Unique is its perfect proportions, distinct femininity, medium of construction and ornamentation.
After Taj Mahal guide will take you to visit Agra Fort , construction of the massive red sandstone Agra Fort on the bank of the Yamuna River was begun by Emperor Akbar in 1565, though additions were made up until the rule of his grandson, Shah Jahan. In Akbar's time the fort was principally a military structure, but during Shah Jahan region it had partially become Palace. It is an imposing structure with walls of red sandstone almost three kilometres long. Entered through the Amar Singh Gate, the eastern part of the fort contain palace, audience hall and mosques built by three emperors.
After sightseeing drive back to Delhi and transfer to hotel around 0630 hrs.
- Sightseeing will be done by Air-conditioned vehicle as per group strength & above program (Ex Delhi / Agra).
- Local English speaking guide during sightseeing tour as per program.
- Lunch at local Restaurant (Indian Fixed Menu Basis).
- Monument Entrance Fees at Taj Mahal & Agra Fort.
- Current Toll tax, current Parking, Interstate tax, fuel surcharges.
- All presently applicable taxes.
What's Not Included
- Expenses of personal nature, tipping, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, insurance etc.
- Drinks during lunch at Restaurant.
- Hotel accommodation / transfers etc in Delhi.
- Any other services not mentioned in the inclusions
Know Before You Go
• In case on any currency fluctuations or amendment in local Government taxes, or any fuel hike, we reserve the right to adjust the tour price accordingly.
• You will receive a SMS message one day before the tour starts to reconfirm your pick-up time. If it is not the case, please contact your local supplier.