Visit the famous Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary. A birdwatcher's paradise, this park boasts of more than 300 species of migratory and native birds.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full day excursion (200 kilometers / 4 hours) to the Bharatpur (Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary).
In the morning, a chauffeur-driven vehicle will pick you up from your city hotel at 06:30 and drive to Bharatpur. Upon arrival, your friendly naturalist guide will take you to visit the famous Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary by Rickshaw. Keoladeo National Park, located in the State of Rajasthan, is an important wintering ground of Palaearctic migratory waterfowl, renowned for its large congregation of non-migratory resident breeding birds. The bird sanctuary boasts an ancient migratory pattern some 1,500 years old for the rare Siberian Crane. After a good monsoon, the park can contain some 375 species of birds belonging to 56 families, including Egrets, Darters, Cormorants, herons, painted storks with their colorful beaks and plumage, snake birds, white Ibis and the eagerly awaited annual visits from the Siberian Crane on their 6,400-kilometer migration route. If you are lucky, you may see the elaborate mating dance of the Sarus Crane, the symbol of fidelity in Indian mythology. Since the decline in rains, the park has less wetland area, which means that you may also see Sambar deer, spotted deer, monitor lizards or jackals. Enjoy your lunch at hotel The Bharatpur Ashok. Later, you will return to Delhi for your drop back to the hotel.
Note that between October and February are the best seasons to see a large number of migratory birds.
- All transfers & sightseeing tours will be provided by air conditioned vehicle
- All road taxes, parking fee & fuel charges
- Entrances fees
- Services of a local English-speaking naturalist will be provided for sightseeing
- Lunch at hotel The Bharatpur Ashok
- Rickshaw ride in Keoladeo Ghana Bird Sanctuary for bird watching
- At present all currently applicable taxes
What's Not Included
- Expenses of a personal nature, such as tipping, laundry and telephone/fax calls
- Alcoholic beverages, camera/video camera fee at monuments etc