On this day tour from Delhi you will visit Agra and admire the Taj Mahal and Agra Fort.
What to Expect
Early morning pick up from your hotel and Airport in Delhi at 6:00. Start your 3 hours drive to Agra via Yamuna Express Highway. Arrive in Agra at 9:00 and meet your tour guide. Visit Taj Mahal, because no trip to Agra would be complete without a visit to this shimmering vision of domes and minarets. The world's best-known tomb stands testimony to the timeless love story of the 17th century Mughal Emperor, Shah Jahan and his wife - Queen Mumtaz Mahal.
After Taj Mahal, visit the Imposing Agra Fort, built by Emperor Akbar in 1565 A.D, this huge fort is made of red sandstone. The elegant buildings inside reflect an interesting synthesis of Hindu and Central Asian architectural styles. The maze of the courtyards, mosques & private chambers of the fort echo the story of the Mughal Empire. Have a lunch break at one of the best local restaurants.
After lunch enjoy a photo tour of Taj Mahal from Mehtab Bagh — The Moonlight Garden, believed to have been designed by Shah Jahan to view the Taj on moonlight nights, far away from the maddening crowd. The garden complex is situated on the left bank of Yamuna opposite to Taj Mahal. It is a huge square measuring approximately 300x300 m and in straight alignment with the Taj Mahal. The forestry plantations and agricultural fields provide a green forecourt to Taj Mahal and its reflection in Yamuna.
After Agra sightseeing, you may wish to enjoy shopping in Agra which is known for its fabulous handicrafts, made of marble and softstone inlay work. After a memorable day, be taken back to Delhi.
- Transport by private vehicle
- Monument Entrance fees
- Buffet lunch
- Professional guide
What's Not Included
- Gratuitites (recommended)
- Items of personal nature such as telephone calls, telegrams, table drinks and laundry etc
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Dress code is casual
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Not recommended for participants with back problems, heart complaints or other serious medical conditions as well as pregnant women
• Not wheelchair accessible
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund