Naxos Castle Walking Tour and Sunset at the Portara
- Let a local give you an insider’s view of Naxos Old Town
- Admire historic buildings of the Venetian era, like the Catholic Cathedral and Glezos Tower
- Observe the daily life within the walls of the still inhabited castle
- Enjoy the best views over Naxos Port and the Aegean Sea
- Take memorable pictures of the majestic Portara at sunset
Feel like a time-traveler as you witness the different periods of Naxos history, strolling through the Venetian Castle down to the old Market and up again to the ancient Temple of Apollo.
Pass by buildings that have played significant roles in forming the history of the land, and listen to stories of times past.
Learn about the contemporary daily life and discover more about the customs and cultural events that take place within the walls of the Castle all year round.
Lose yourself in the alleys of the vibrant Old Market maze and discover ambient bars, cozy taverns, and boutique shops full of souvenirs and local products.
End your tour at “Portara” and enjoy the most breathtaking, panoramic sunset views.
Your guide will give you a highly personalized tour and provide you with local tips about the whole island. Perfect for all types of travelers, including travelers of all ages, this is a fantastic way to experience the vibrant town of Naxos.
- Local guide
- Option for hotel transfer service
- Visit to the museums
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• Please give your hotel name and location upon booking. A local partner will contact you the day before the tour with the pickup details
• The tour does not include a visit to the museums, as they are closed in the evenings
• The tour is ideally suited to small groups and is suitable for all ages
• The meeting point is easily reached by local bus from the main resort areas of Naxos