Mexico City: Anthropology Museum Tour with Art Historian
- Explore the main galleries of the museum with an expert art historian
- Learn about the centuries-old cultures that existed in Mexico
- Find out about the architecture of the museum and its symbolism
- Discover the history and culture of Mesoamerica through its art
As you begin to walk, find out why the museum was built with its specific design which resembles the architecture and religion of Mesoamerican cultures. Gain an overview of the stories, religion, mentality, and cosmologies of these historic cultures, to make the visit more comprehensible and friendly. The guide will show printed images and examples of the art form those cultures to make the explanations more accurate, clear, and enjoyable.
After visiting the museum, spend some time at the gift shop. Then, head to one of the gardens in front of the museum to experience and enjoy the "Voladores de Papantla" dance. Appreciate this 2000-year-old tradition that is part of Mesoamerican culture. Listen as your guide explains what is happening during the performance. Marvel as how 4 people climb a tall pole and then throw themselves hanging from their ankles down to the ground.
- 2-3 hour walking tour through the main galleries of the Anthropology museum with an art historian guide
- Voladores de Papantla dance
- Museum tickets
- Food and drinks
Prepare for the activity
Inside the lobby, right in front of the ticket booth, Museo Nacional de Antropología, Av. Paseo de la Reforma s/n, Polanco, Bosque de Chapultepec I Secc, 11560 Ciudad de México, CDMX, MexicoOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
• Children must be always accompanied by an adult