Nashville: Rural American Farm Tour
- Go on a tour designed to showcase the unique culture of the American South
- See firsthand how food is grown and get to know the lifestyle of local food producers
- Listen to local lore and enjoy traditional Southern cuisine
Drive from the pickup point in Cross Plains in a not-so-shiny Chevy Suburban that your local guide refers to as "dirty, but in a good way…like cool dirty.” Spend the day riding around telling stories, meeting farmers, and visiting parts of town known only to the locals. You are sure to meet a few colorful Southerners and tour a whole crop of farms.
Benefit from the guidance of a local whose family has lived on and loved the land of Robertson county for many generations. A natural-born storyteller in the true Southern tradition, your guide will tell you the tales she heard from her grandaddy as well as the ones she heard only yesterday.
After touring the farms around the area, savor a traditional Tennessee lunch at a favorite locally-owned restaurant. Stop at Thomas Drugs, a town staple that has been in business since the early 1900s and has the best hobo float in Tennessee, or Tesha's Cafe where cafeteria meat-and-three is prepared every day for the locals and macaroni and cheese is considered a vegetable.
- Farm tour
- Local guide
- Transport around the town
- Lunch (please bring cash as credit cards are not accepted)
- Children under 12 years
Prepare for the activity
Meet at the historic square in Springfield Tennessee on the porch next to Re/Max 1st Choice Reality and Hey Bell Boutique. There is free public parking just off the square on Locust Street next to the First Presbyterian Church.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
• This tour will take place rain or shine, please dress for the weather
• The price of lunch is not included in the ticket price, please bring cash for lunch