Explore the Amalfi Coast and either Amalfi, Positano, or Ravello village on a private shore excursion from Naples. Then, visit the ruins of Pompeii, where public baths, theaters, and brothels were all frozen in time by the volcanic eruptions of 79 A.D.
What to Expect
Take a scenic drive along the Amalfi Coast and discover some of Italy’s most bucolic landscapes, from the brooding volcano of Mt. Vesuvius to the bougainvillea drenched streets of Positano.
Your personal driver will pick you up from your cruise ship in Naples and take you to the base of Vesuvius, where you will see the oldest observatory in the world, and the sparkling islands of Ischia and Procida out to sea.
Choose 1 or 2 of the 3 coastal villages, Ravello, Amalfi and Positano to visit. Either continue along the Sorrento Peninsula to Positano or go to Amalfi and discover a maze of walkways straight out of the Middle-Ages. You could drive up to Ravello, the most elegant of the area's towns, and explore villas that inspired Wagner. There, stroll through the gardens of Villa Rufolo and catch your breath as you take in some of the most spectacular panoramic views along the coast.
Next, cross the mountain range separating the Amalfi Coast from the Sorrento Peninsula, for spellbinding views of Vesuvius. On arrival at Pompeii, walk along the original basalt roads of volcanic rocks, looking down at hundreds of white travertine spots used to reflect torch light.
Explore the buildings of the Forum, and see a display of human casts of Pompeii residents, caught by the volcano in the exact pose that they died. Then discover the Roman equivalent of today’s fast-food restaurants. Continue to the former Red Light District to admire Roman frescoes of erotic images. Visit one of the city’s 3 theaters before heading back to your cruise ship in Naples.
- Transportation in a deluxe vehicle
- Private driver
What's Not Included
- Admission fee to Pompeii - EUR 13 per person
- Guide service
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the walking tour of Pompeii is at slow pace. There is some walking uphill and a few steps. For those not willing to take the entire walk there are plenty of cafés and gift shops right outside the entrance
• From Positano to Amalfi, there are also options to take a boat trip to explore the stunning coast. You can reserve this in the morning for the afternoon. The cost will depend on the amount of people on the tour
• On a 9-hour tour, there is not enough time to visit all 3 villages of Positano, Ravello and Amalfi. Please choose one or maximim 2 of the above