Discover Pompeii with an archaeologist guide on a shared or private tour. Explore the excavations and admire artworks, mosaics, and frescoes while learning about the story behind the site.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- French, Italian, German, Spanish, English, Portuguese
- Private group available
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Sun hat
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Shared group and private options do not always offer the same languages. Please check all languages of interest to find your preferred option type
- There may be slight variations in the itinerary due to overcrowding or temporary closure
- A free cloakroom service is located next to the Porta Marina Superiore entrance (subject to availability)
- This tour is not recommended for travelers with mobility issues or impairments, because of the steps and ramps, and little steep climb
- Children under age 12 must be accompanied by an adult
- Dogs larger than 5 kg are not allowed on the site
- Large backpacks, bags or umbrellas, and other bulky items are not allowed on the site (maximum 30 x 30 x 15 cm)