From Naples: Full-Day VIP Pompeii & Sorrento Group Tour
From $113 per personBook now
- Treat yourself to a 2-hour fully guided tour of the ruins of Pompeii with skip-the-line access
- Learn about the fascinating history of Sorrento from your expert guide
- Have lunch on a restaurant terrace with the most breathtaking view of Sorrento
Thanks to an exclusive Pompeii partnership, you will have the unique opportunity of exploring some restored Domus (homes of the ancient city’s most influential people) still decorated with frescoes of animals, powerful gods, and lush landscapes. After a short coffee break or local souvenir shopping, you will continue on to Sorrento, your next destination overlooking the sparkling blue waters of the Bay of Naples. On the way, your guide will entertain you with tales about the area and its significance during the Roman Empire as the preferred location for the Emperor's holidays. You will enjoy breathtaking views of the famous Sorrento coastal road with a handful of stops in preselected prime locations so you can take the best photos for lasting memories of your unbelievable experience.
Once in Sorrento, your local expert guide will provide tips and suggestions to help you get the most out of your free time there. Have a delicious lunch and experience the local cuisine with an optional lunch on the town’s most scenic restaurant terrace, do some shopping for handmade sandals and artisanal products in the city’s beautiful ancient alleys, or take time to relax among the picturesque panoramic gardens. Then rejoin the group as your guide escorts you to one of Sorrento’s oldest shops for a delectable taste of Southern Italy’s most renowned limoncello liqueur. While there, you will learn how this famous lemon libation is produced as well as the local ingredients that make it so unique. You will even be able to buy bottles of this zingy delight to take home. Wrapping up the day in Pompeii and Sorrento, head back to Naples in the afternoon with enough golden hours remaining to enjoy an evening in the bustling city of Naples.
- Tour as per description
- Entrance ticket and reservation fees for Pompeii excavation site
- Guided tour of Pompeii in groups no larger than 15 pax
- English-speaking local guide
- Limoncello tasting in Sorrento
- Audio headsets so you can always hear your guide
- Hotel pick-up/ drop-off
- Food/ beverages (not mentioned in the inclusions)
The meeting point is at Naples Central Train Station, outside the Starhotel Terminus main entrance, at the corner of Piazza Garibaldi and Corso Arnaldo Lucci. With your back to the main entrance of Naples Central Train Station, cross the street to Piazza Garibaldi and you will see the Starhotels Terminus on the far left. Your guide will wait for you outside the entrance of this hotel. Arriving by metro (all lines): Get off at the "Garibaldi" metro stop and take one of the exits leading you outside. Then follow the instructions as above.
• Guests with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated at this time
• Strollers or baby carriages on group tours cannot be accommodated
• Photography is permitted throughout the tour
• Bring a hat, sunscreen, and a bottle of water in warm weather
Product ID: 72757