Mykonos: Small Yacht Cruise to Delos & Rhenia Islands
From $108 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up service is available on request at additional charge.
- Discover the archeological site of Delos
- Explore the uninhabited island of Rhenia
- Swim and snorkel in crystal-clear waters
- Enjoy a light lunch of a specially prepared pasta and drinks on board
During the cruise the crew will be happy to show you how to raise and trim the sails as well as to steer the yacht, weather permitting. Along the way, as you admire the spectacular scenery and the remarkable blue Aegean waters, you can enjoy music of your choice. Relax on deck, sunbathe, and hear about local island history from the crew.
After around 90 minutes of sailing, you’ll arrive at the unspoiled island of Rhenia, separated from the sacred island of Delos by a small strait. You’ll drop anchor in the idyllic bay and have around 2 hours to enjoy swimming and snorkeling, and then a light lunch on board of specially made pasta and drinks.
The next stop is the archaeological site of Delos, where you’ll have approximately 90 minutes at your disposal to explore the island. According to mythology, Delos was the birthplace of Apollo, the god of daylight and of music, and his twin sister Artemis, the goddess of night light and hunting.
The sanctuary dedicated to Apollo and Artemis surrounded by a Hellenic city of about 30,000 inhabitants, the monuments, and impressive mosaics from the Archaic, the Classical, and the Hellenistic periods are certainly worth exploring.
Delos was inhabited between 2500 and 69 BC, and was a famous religious center as well as a major commercial center. It was proclaimed a tax-free port and due to its exceptionally favorable geographical location, became the hub of the transit trade between the eastern and western, and northern and southern Mediterranean.
In 1990 the whole island of Delos was designated a World Cultural Property and is protected by UNESCO. Visit the museum and walk up Mount Kynthos, which at 367 feet (112 meters) provides stunning views of the surrounding Cycladic islands.
Return to the yacht at 17:00 and enjoy a soft drink on board before sailing back to Mykonos. Expected arrival time is approximately 18:30.
- Sailing yacht charter
- Fully licensed English-speaking skipper
- Skipper’s assistant (sailor)
- Light lunch on board
- 1 soft drink or glass of wine or beer plus water and coffee
- 1 farewell drink
- Snorkeling equipment
- Fuel charges
- Admission fee at the archaeological site of Delos
- Licensed guide at the archaeological site of Delos (available on request at additional charge)
- Extra beverages
- Beach towels
- Pick-up and drop off service (available on request at additional charge)
- Crew tips
Entrance to the Matthew Tavern at Tourlos, the new port of Mykonos Depending on the weather, the start and end point of the cruise may change from the new port of Mykonos to Paradise Beach. Notice will be provide if this is the case.
• In case of pregnancy, mobility problems, or health issues advice should be sought before booking
• Closed non-slip shoes (deck shoes/sports shoes) are a good idea for comfort and safety on board and recommended for exploring the site of Delos on foot
• Be sure to bring a swimsuit, a sun hat, sunglasses, and a beach towel, and include plenty of sunscreen. It is advisable to bring a windproof jacket as the breezes can be cool and also during the cool months early or late in the season
Product ID: 58746