Visit Salzburg on a day trip from Munich. Famed for its old-world glamor, made more striking by the majestic backdrop of snow-capped Alps, explore Mozart’s hometown with an expert guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Wheelchair accessible
- Follow in the footsteps of Mozart and visit the cafés where he drank
- Go to set-jetting movie locations, including sites from "The Sound of Music"
- Wander down UNESCO-protected streets, admiring chapels and palaces
- Admire the stunning Domkirche Cathedral
- Choose to visit the breathtaking 900-year-old fortress Festung Hohensalzburg
- Stroll through the beautiful Mirabelle Gardens
Visit the hometown of Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart on a full-day tour from Munich. Travel by train and in the imperial city, visit his place of birth (optional), his residence, the streets he walked, and the cafés he drank in.
Salzburg is also one of the most popular set-jetting destinations in the world for one simple reason, “The Sound of Music.” Visit sites you will remember from the silver screen such as the beautiful Mirabelle Gardens where Julie Andrews and the children were filmed singing “Do-Re-Mi.” An expert guide will take you on a 2-hour train ride from Munich to Austria. You will be provided with a map and get a 1.5-hour orientation tour through the major sites.
Explore one of the finest preserved medieval old towns in Europe, crisscrossed with romantic winding shopping streets and venerable market places adorned with outstanding architectural monuments of the later baroque era.
See piazzas and fountains, the stunning Domkirche Cathedral, pleasure gardens, palaces, and churches, monasteries and catacombs, and confectionaries and patisseries. You will also go to the oldest restaurant on the continent. You will then have 3 hours to explore the city for yourself, before meeting up for the return journey.
During your free time, you can visit the breathtaking 900-year-old fortress Festung Hohensalzburg, the magnificent edifice that dominates the city's skyline, itself framed by the spectacular encirclement of mountains stretching into the horizon.
- Transport on the 1.5-hour train journey from Munich to Salzburg and back
- Fully-guided orientation tour
- Map of historic old town of Salzburg
- Personal advice from guide
- Hotel pick-up
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- You must present either proof of full vaccination, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, or a negative test taken no more than 24 hours before the activity starts
- You must present one of the following: proof of full vaccination, proof of first vaccination administered at least 22 days ago, proof of a Covid-19 infection in the past 6 months, a negative PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before the activity starts, or a negative rapid test taken no more than 48 hours before the activity starts
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
Know before you go
- You must bring your passport because while passport checks on trains from Germany to Austria are not common they can sometimes happen