Neuschwanstein Castle Day Trip from Munich
- Explore the fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle
- Tour the scenic vantage points of the castle’s surroundings
- Enjoy a 2-hour train or coach ride through the Bavarian countryside
- Skip the long lines to get fast-track entry to the castle
- Discover the extravagant world of King Ludwig II
Neuschwanstein Castle optional
This glorious folly was built in the 19th-Century by the famed "mad" King Ludwig II, a man intoxicated by mythology and who himself became a legend. The shimmering white towers of the castle among the clouds are instantly recognizable to many who haven’t ever heard the name Neuschwanstein. It is the inspiration for Disney's Sleeping Beauty Castle and is famous the world over as the Chitty Chitty Bang Bang castle.
To visit it is to step inside a fairy tale. On this full-day tour from Munich, your guide will take you by train or coach and accompany you uphill to the castle’s lofty perch, where it sits gleaming above a spectacular panorama of mountains, lakes and valleys. It’s not just about the castle – it’s also about its wonderful location. You will go to the best vantage points and explore the lake. If time and weather permits, you can even enjoy a swim. Get postcard-perfect views of the equally beautiful Hohenschwangau Castle, the waterfall gorge and the stunning Marienbrücke Bridge, suspended high above it all.
While you are marveling at the beauty, your guide will tell you the engaging story of King Ludwig’s renowned and tragic reign, of his turbulent times and of the obsession that drove him to build his fantasy castle in the mountains and ultimately destroyed him. Skip the long lines for the separate internal tour of the king’s private chambers by a specialist castle guide. The tour is the most practical way to enter this amazing fantasy-world.
- Transport on the 2-hour train/coach journey from Munich to Füssen and back
- Fully-guided tour accompanied by an English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Hotel pick-up
- Optional €15 castle entry fee, for tour of castle interior, for people over the age of 18, payable directly to the vendor on the morning of the tour
Prepare for the activity
Radius Tours office in Munich Central Train Station (Hauptbahnhof), located in the area just across from tracks 32-34. Please note that the time given is the departure time. Please be at the office approximately 15 minutes before the given departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Don’t forget to bring appropriate footwear
• Please note that sometimes the transport will be conducted by private coach instead of the train
• Tour is not wheelchair accessible
• The 9:30 AM departure tour returns back to Munich by approximately 6:30 PM
• The 10:30 AM departure tour returns back to Munich by approximately 7:30 PM