Immerse yourself in the history of Munich and discover the city and its works of art from an art historical perspective. On this private 2-hour tour you can explore the architecture, monuments, palaces, museums, or churches in the city.
What to Expect
King Ludwig I and his architect Klenze had a significant impact on the arts in Munich. Ludwig is attributed as saying that no one can claim that they know Germany if they have not seen Munich. Nevertheless, Munich is not only the classical city of King Ludwig but has also boasted a lively artistic past and has an interesting “art history” to tell since its founding in the Middle Ages.
Whether the topic of architecture, paintings, or sculpture – all forms of art are interwoven into the city’s history. Discover this network and get to know the city from the art historical perspective. The best way to approach works of art is to talk about them. The small group size gives you sufficient opportunity to exchange views and ask questions. For each attraction you will learn about the importance of the artwork.
On this private tour of Munich you also have the flexibility to choose the places that you would like to visit.
- Königsplatz with the Glyptothek, the Propylaea, and the Antique Collection
- Museum area with the Alte Pinakothek, the Neue Pinakothek, and the Pinakothek der Moderne
- Odeonsplatz with the Munich Residenz, the Feldherrnhalle, the Theatine Church, and the Hofgarten
- Church tour with Asam Church, St. Peter’s Church, the Frauenkirche, St. Michael’s Church, the Bürgersaalkirche, and the Trinity Church
- Palace tour with the Nymphenburg Palace or the Schleissheim Palace
- Tour of the old town with Heinrichsstadt and Ludwigsstadt
- Guided tour in a small group
- Expert tour guide
Meet at the pre-arranged meeting point or at the Service Point in Munich Central Station.
Know Before You Go
Animals are not allowed to be brought along on the tour.