See the most famous monuments of Mumbai on a 4-hour sightseeing tour, and learn about Indian art and culture. Experience everyday life at the most famous markets, marvel at the world’s largest public laundry at Dhobi Ghat, and more.
What to Expect
Get to know Mumbai on a half-day sightseeing tour by air-conditioned vehicle, starting with a pick-up from your hotel (or cruise ship port subject to a small supplement).
Drive to Malabar Hill to see Mumbai’s up-market residential district and enjoy spectacular views of the city surrounds. As you climb, look at the Jain temple dedicated to Adinath, the 1st Jain tirthankara (one who helps achieve enlightenment).
Drive past the Hanging Gardens and Kamala Nehru Park, before visiting Mani Bhavan, the former residence of Mahatma Gandhi. The pretty, 2 floor building was where the Quit India Movement was conceptualized in the year 1942, and now houses a reference library of over 2,000 books, as well as a photo exhibition and diorama depicting the Mahatma's life.
Next, go to the Dhobi Ghat to see the world largest outdoor laundry. Watch the traditional laundrymen at work, pounding dirty clothes in vast rows of concrete wash pens, each fitted with its own flogging stone.
En route back to your hotel, drive past the UNESCO designated Victoria Terminus railway station, and continue to the fort area to Gateway of India monument, built to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Tips to your driver
- Camera and video camera charges
- Guide in other languages (German, Italian, French, Spanish and Russican guides available for a supplement of USD 10, to be paid to the driver on the day of your tour - subject to a minimum of 2 people)
- Supplement of USD 20 for cruise ship passengers from the cruise port (subject to a minimum of 2 people)
Pick-up from hotels in Mumbai. Please provide details after booking
Know Before You Go
• This tour is not wheelchair accessible
• For pick-ups from the Mumbai suburbs, a USD 10 supplement will apply, payable direct to the driver (subject to a 2 person minimum)