During this comprehensive tour of Mumbai, you will learn about the Dhobi Ghat (Mumbai's Laundry Men), the Dhabbawala (the people who carry lunch boxes), and tour the Dharavi Slum.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pick-up from all locations in Mumbai : At Hotel/ Hostel : Meet you near concierge / Reception desk. At cruise terminal : Meet you at Green Gate . (App 2 min walk from terminal / Free shuttle bus service also available). At Airport : Meet you at out gate of arrival area. At Train station : Meet you outside to your train coach. Accommodation / Home : Will meet you at the main gate.
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- There is approximately 1 to 2 hours walking involved inside slum areas
- Females please dress modestly as there are cultural differences in the slum areas
- Photography is not allowed in slum areas
- Cruise ship customer pickup is done from the Green gate which is approximately 2 minutes walk from the cruise terminal or they can take a free bus shuttle service to reach green gate
- Dabbawala tour is not possible on Saturdays and Sundays, so instead the supplier will show you the Prince of Wales Museum