Tongariro National Park: 2-Hour Guided Sunset Walk
- Explore the Tongariro Volcanoes on this easy walk
- Watch the sunset lighting up a majestic Alpine setting while enjoying a glass of sparkling wine
- Learn about geology, volcanology and culture from a local guide
Walk for approximately 60 – 80 minutes before enjoying a glass of New Zealands sparkling wine as you watch the sunset. The preferred route is the Taranaki Falls loop track. Other route options are a return trip starting at the world-famous Tongariro Alpine Crossing track or a return route to sunset ridge or Meads Wall.
Learn about geology, volcanology and New Zealand cultural history from your knowledgable guide. This is a memorable way to see the National Park with sunset lighting up a majestic Alpine setting.
- Knowledgeable guide
- Equipment, footwear and clothing, if necessary
- A glass of sparkling wine
- Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base and the meeting point, if needed
- Food and drinks
- Hotel transfer
- Children under 12 years
Prepare for the activity
If you cannot make it to the visitor center on your own, transport from the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) can be provided. Please inform the local partner upfront.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• Please call the local partner the day prior to the tour in confirm the exact starting time