Mooloolaba: Whale Watching Cruise
- See one of the ocean’s largest mammals on their great migration to breed and mate
- Witness the best views from multiple angles on board a comfortable boat
- Take in the beauty of Mooloolaba coastline
After about 15 minutes, you will have reached the Mooloolaba river mouth and will begin your whale watching search. There is indoor, outdoor, upstairs and downstairs seating on the vessel to ensure perfect spotting opportunities from every angle.
To help sight the whales, your whale watching crew will ensure that you know what you should be looking for. Keep an eye out for minor and major surface activity from humpback whales as you cruise. It is not uncommon to also end up spotting dolphins, turtles, and other animals such as sea birds.
Being naturally curious creatures, the whales will often approach the boat and put on a show. Watch them breaching, splashing their massive tail flukes, and spy-hopping (raising their heads out of the water for a look around). This is a completely organic experience, as the operator cannot control these animals or their behavior.
They may show surface activities, swim right under or beside the vessel, or sometimes they may just swim away. Have fun playing lookout and immerse yourself in a memorable experience.
During your cruise, replenish your energy levels with snacks, soft drinks, or alcohol (served after 10:00 AM) from an onboard bar.
- Educational commentary
- Bathrooms on board
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pregnant women
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
Please arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your departure time and check in at the desk in Shop 11 - 12, at The Wharf Mooloolaba. From here you will be given your boarding pass and shown where to wait for your cruise.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
• The local partner will send an email and text message the day before your trip around 3:30 PM to inform you of the status of the trip and its departure time
• Children under 14 years old must be accompanied by an adult at all times
• If you would like to take your stroller, please note its wheels need to be able to be locked and that it will only be possible to take it on board if capacity allows, depending on the number of passengers
• The local partner does everything in their power to respect the whales' boundaries and environment
• If the skipper and crew do not sight any whales, you will be eligible to get your money back or join another tour