From Florence: Tuscany Day Trip
From $159 per personBook now
- Take a walking tour of Siena, one of Italy’s most picturesque and well-preserved medieval towns
- Discover one of Tuscany’s gems: the town of San Gimignano, an UNESCO World Heritage site
- Indulge in an all-inclusive lunch made from local ingredients at an authentic Tuscan family farm
- Relax with your designated, expert driver in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle
Next you’ll be spirited out of the city and over to Siena, one of the best-preserved examples of medieval Italian architecture in the world. Spared bombing in World War 2, this time capsule of ancient, precarious-looking buildings is home to the Palio, one of the greatest and most dangerous horse races in the world. Your expert tour leader will immerse you in the unique history and culture of Siena as you explore its narrow streets before escorting you to the doors of the breathtaking Siena Cathedral. You don’t have to go in, but it is highly recommended!
Walking the hills of Tuscan towns will make you hungry and thirsty, so the next stop is an authentic Italian family farm where you will have a behind-the-scenes tour of the vineyards, winery, and wine cellars before sitting down for a sumptuous, all-inclusive lunch made from local, seasonal ingredients — and of course, with plenty of Chianti wines.
After indulging your taste buds, you'll stop at San Gimignano, a town of such unique architectural beauty it has been designated an UNESCO World Heritage Site. Shop for Tuscan culinary delicacies in the rustic, winding streets, or learn about the architectural marvels of the famous medieval tower houses that punctuate the city like sentinels of times long past.
- Expert, English-speaking tour leader throughout
- Lunch and wine tasting in Chianti
- Comfortable, air-conditioned transportation
- Professional driver (separate to tour leader)
- Small groups of only 14 people or fewer
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
By the Carousel in Piazza della Repubblica. Meeting Point Directions: Piazza della Repubblica is one of the main squares in the historical centre of Florence. In the middle of the square you will see a carousel. Meet just by the carousel at the side where tickets are sold. (Open in Google Maps)
• Unfortunately this tour cannot accommodate guests with mobility impairments, wheelchairs or strollers
Product ID: 63897