Explore Montevideo and choose what you see with your private tour guide. This customized 3.5-hour tour allows you to make the most of your time in the colonial city. From El Prado to Independence Square, the city is yours to discover!
What to Expect
Explore the city of Montevideo in beautiful Uruguay. This 3.5-hour tour covers the most attractive locations in town. Familiarize yourself with this historical, standout city as you explore in comfort with your own bilingual private guide and driver.
This tour is fully customizable. You choose when and where you go from the variety of extraordinary sites that Montevideo offers.
Behold the Old City of Uruguay and view rich colonial architecture to get a sense of the city's awe-inspiring past. Then, travel to the Port Market, the central hub for everything in Montevideo to get a glimpse of the city's culture and atmosphere.
Other possible sites include:
• Independence Square, where you will find a grand 17-meter high statue of Uruguay's national hero Jose Gervasio Artigas.
• Legislative Palace (Palacio Legislativo), which is the working place of the General Assembly of Uruguay.
• A romantic visit to “El Prado.” This meadow creates an atmosphere that's perfect to share with loved ones.
• Tranquil neighborhoods of Carrasco, Punta Gorda and Pocitos. Meet with the friendly locals here and learn about their daily lives in Uruguay.
• The sensational promenade, where you can take a walk along the beautiful beaches of Uruguay.
Your enthusiastic guide is sure to enhance your experience of these sights with local knowledge and insight. Experience Montevideo on your own terms with this fun and in-depth tour.
- Pick-up and drop off at hotel or cruise port
- Bilingual Guide and Driver
Know Before You Go
Additional languages for tour translation available
((65$ per translator payable directly to the supplier upon check-in))
• For groups of 3 or more people, includes private English, Spanish or Portuguese speaking Guide and Driver
• Groups of 2 people include only guide/driver