Monterey Bay is the premier destination for whale watching all year! There are whales seen every day here in Monterey. Trips are narrated by a marine biologist or naturalist who provides educational and interesting information about the wildlife.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 - 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the Fishermans Wharf to begin your tour. If you are driving you can park by the main waterfront parking lot at 245 Washington Street, Monterey CA 93940. This is a gated parking lot, to enter you must take the ticket at the gate and drive-in. Once you are parked, walk down the tourist wharf past all the shops and restaurants. When you reach the Crab House Restaurant and Glass Bottom Boat ticket booth you will turn right on the extended pier. The activity provider's office is on the right-hand side of the extension. The building is light blue in color and has a sign on the roof that reads Discovery Whale Watch.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- Due to the short distance from the “gray whale super highway,” the trips can be shorter in duration for the winter time
- Summer and fall morning tours last 3.5-4 hours, while the winter morning tours and the afternoon tours year-round last 2.5-3 hours
- Please bring your confirmation and ID card with you
- Motion sickness remedies are available for purchase at the office before the tour, but you are welcome to bring your own
- Bringing a small packed lunch and non-alcoholic beverages is allowed
- There are restroom facilities on the vessel
- Friendly dogs are permitted on board
- Due to the unforeseen rise in fuel costs, we have had to add a $5/person fuel surcharge to all trips. We thank you for your understanding and value your continued support as we navigate through these difficult times