The mission of this tour is to help visitors find the most out of Bogotá, even if your stay is just for a few hours. This tour, with a layover in Bogotá, was originally designed for travelers who don’t want to miss the chance to see the Andean capital.
What to Expect
The mission of this tour is to help visitors find the most out of Bogotá, even if your stay is just for a few hours. This tour, with a layover in Bogotá, was originally designed for travelers who don’t want to miss the chance to see the Andean capital. After being picked up at the airport, you'll head to Monserrate Sanctuary, located on the imposing eastern hills of the city at an altitude of 3150 MAMSL. Ascending to the top of the mountain by cable car, you'll reach the most notorious pilgrimage point of the city and one of the best lockout points over the capital. This is by far the best spot to make a historical and spatial contextualization of the city.
Then you will head down to wander through the picturesque cobblestone streets of La Candelaria, and visit the Botero Museum, which holds the works of this eccentric artist who has become the icon of Colombian contemporary art. You will make a stop at Chorro de Quevedo, and appreciate the diverse contrasts the historical center offers, helping to understand Colombian history.
After the walking tour in La Candelaria, you'll reach Plaza de Bolivar; the historical epicenter of Bogotá. The main square is surrounded by the administrative and governmental buildings that have been icons of the historical processes carried out here. You will have the chance to enter the Prime Cathedral. Finally, if time allows, you'll make a stop at the local handicraft market in the city center, where you'll find the perfect souvenir to remember your short visit. Afterwards, you'll be driven to the airport in time for your flight.
- Private transportation from and back to the airport
- Expert guide in the language of tour preference: (Spanish, English, Portuguese, French)
- Tickets to visited attractions
What's Not Included
- Meals and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Tips and gratuities
- Optional activity costs
Know Before You Go
• The starting time of the tour can change depending on your flight time
• Gold Museum is closed on Mondays, and Botero Museum is closed on Tuesdays, so another museum will be chosen according to the group's interests
• If there is any other place of interest, you might want to include in the tour, please state this in advance and it will gladly be cosidered for your itinerary