Milan: Wine and Appetizers on the Ancient Canals
From $65 per personBook now
- Experience the best of Milan’s nightlife along its ancient canals
- Sample wines or other drinks and various regional foods at local wine bars and other venues
- Enjoy an aperitivo in Italy, that can mean anything from a light drink with a few snacks to a full all-you-can-eat buffet
The festive spirit, music, and beautiful canal reflections in the golden hours of sunset make this an irresistible location for a special occasion. Enjoy an evening out among the Milanese, in a small, friendly group of 15 people or fewer, sampling the district’s fine food and wine for 2.5 hours.
Meet your expert local guide and start the night off right, with a glass of wine near the Naviglio Grande, the oldest canal and the heart of the action. Then you’ll head off on a pleasant walk through the area, as your guide tells you about the area’s past and present. You’ll hear about what Leonardo da Vinci and Napoleon had to do with the area as well as where to get the best Risotto alla Milanese made according to the original recipe.
Along the way you’ll stop at a classy enoteca (wine bar) for more delicious wine, meats, cheeses, and typical local breads. The bar staff and your guide will explain how these wines and products are made and what makes them so unique.
Continue on past art studios, chic designer shops, bookstores, and specialty bars as the light begins to wane and the establishments fill to bursting with locals. As the evening air fills with music, laughter, and conversation, you’ll head to the tour’s final destination for a traditional aperitivo. An aperitivo in Italy can mean anything from a light drink with a few nuts or olives to a full all-you-can-eat buffet and finger foods.
- Expert English-speaking tour guide
- Small group tour (15 people or fewer)
- Food (a wide selection of Italian specialties such as ham, cheeses, crostini, and vegetables, and a rich buffet of appetizers of seasonal delicacies)
- Drinks (2 glasses of wine and 2 alcoholic drinks of choice)
- Hotel pick-up/drop off
Meeting point: In front of via Casale 3, on the corner between Via Casale and Via Valenza, next to the P.ta Genova metro stop (M2 – green line). Arriving by metro: Take the M2 (green) line to the Porta Genova FS stop. Take the exit for Via Casale (Note: there are two exits from the metro – one on Via Casale and one on Via Valenza. The meeting point is in via Casale 3, on the corner between Via Casale and Via Valenza) Arriving by taxi: Ask the driver to take you to to the Porta Genova Metro stop on Via Casale 3. The meeting point is on the corner between Via Casale and Via Valenza. GPS coordinates: 45.452353, 9.169957
• Anyone under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
• It is your responsibility to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled departure time. Anyone arriving after departure cannot be accommodated and missed tours or lost tickets cannot be refunded.
• Guests with wheelchairs or having impairments requiring special assistance cannot be accommodated on this tour, unfortunately. Strollers and baby carriages also cannot be accommodated on group tours.
• Infants under the age of 3 years are not allowed on the tour.
Product ID: 43773