See Milan from above on this skip-the-line tour that takes you up to the terraces of the Duomo. Enjoy the unforgettable experience of walking on the roof of the magnificent cathedral. Admire the views of the cathedral, Milan, and sometimes even the Alps!
What to Expect
The Duomo is one of the most iconic monuments of Milan, and is the third-largest Catholic cathedral in the world. Situated at the very heart of the city, the Duomo is 157 meters long and can accommodate 40,000 people.
Your 1-hour tour begins in front of the main central gate of the cathedral where you’ll meet your guide. After a brief introduction to the cathedral and its history, you’ll skip the lines and head up to the Terraces of the Duomo.
The elevator will take you up to the first terrace and from this point you’ll climb the last 50 steps to the highest terrace.
With over 3,200 statues and 135 spires, the Duomo is definitely best seen from above! The views are magnificent and you’ll have the opportunity to see the pinnacles and sculptures from up close.
Admire the skyline and your guide will point out landmarks and monuments you can see from the rooftop. You’ll even have views of the Alps on a clear day!
- English-speaking tour guide
- Skip-the-line ticket for the Terraces of the Duomo
- Elevator to the first terrace
Cancel up to 3 days in advance for a 50% refund
Know Before You Go
Suggestions and Warnings:
• On hot days it’s best to wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
• There are no toilet facilities on the Terraces of the Duomo.
• Be sure to bring water.
• In the rare case of unusually bad weather the terrace may be closed for safety reasons, and your ticket will be refunded.
• The elevator has a maximum capacity of 7 persons, so you might have to wait few minutes before heading up to the roof (the lift is always guaranteed, however).
• The staircase to reach the highest terrace is particularly narrow and has smooth marble steps, so you are advised to wear comfortable shoes with rubber soles.