Milan: Half-Day Food Tour on FootProduct ID: 42047
- Taste traditional pastries, dishes and Parma ham
- Explore the traditional foods stores of Milan
- Wander the streets of historic and trendy Brera
- Learn how Italian food produce is produced
- Enjoy some Milan style aperitifs in a trendy art bar
- Taste Grappa in a new way
Explore the colorful history of Milan as you tour, learning how it has transformed throughout the centuries, from the use of the navigable "Navigli” canals to the new and futuristic area of the Porta Nuova, constructed to host the International Expo 2015.
Your guide will entertain and educate you about the origin of the food produce you will taste, explaining how each one is made. Learn how to identify traditional melanzane alla Parmigiana (eggplant parmigiana), cannoli (Sicilian cream horns), traditional Milan dishes, and some of Milan’s artisan beers. Taste Grappa in a new way, and appreciate the rich and fruity taste of this ancient drink.
Try some of Italy’s legendary culatello (dry-cured ham), Milanese-style meatballs, Parma ham aged for 24 months, authentic Italian gelato, and some Milan-style aperitifs at trendy art bar La Bicicletta.
- English-speaking guide
- Walking tour of the historic Brera district
- 6 tasting stops
- Entrance to monuments and museums
Meet your guide at Panificio Pattini, Via Solferino 5, Milan. Due to construction work, the Lanza Brera underground station is currently closed from 1 January to 15 April 2015. This meeting point is accessible via the Moscova or Cadorna underground station. (Open in Google Maps)
• Please advise of any dietary restriction (vegetarian, diabetic, allergies, etc.) on booking. Your needs can be accommodated with advance notice
• This activity is not recommended for vegans
Product ID: 42047