See the very best of Lugano, Lake Como, and Bellagio while in the company of a local, English-speaking guide who will provide illuminating commentary throughout your experience.
What to Expect
Escape the hustle and bustle of Milan for a relaxing tour of the countryside of northern Italy and southern Switzerland, traveling in air-conditioned comfort in groups of no more than 25 people. Relax as you take in Alpine views, and see stunning lakes and villas.
The first destination on your great escape is Como, where you will board a boat for a 2-hour cruise along the Lake. This is a unique opportunity to admire the breathtaking landscapes, and see villas of the rich and famous all around the lake. Lake Como is a famous holiday destination for stars and celebrities, and during the cruise your guide will point out George Clooney’s and Richard Branson’s villas, plus villas that once hosted Star Wars and James Bond movie sets.
Next, you will reach the famous city of Bellagio, "The Pearl of Lake Como”. Once in Bellagio you will have free time to enjoy the town and do some shopping, or just relax and eat some local food in the most nostalgic bars and restaurants of the city. Once you have had a chance to take some photos and enjoy the town’s charming atmosphere, you will board a motor coach to continue your journey to Lugano.
In less than an hour, you will pass the Italian boarder and arrive in Switzerland. Take a scenic drive to the foot of the Alps and the “Monte Carlo of Switzerland”. Featuring breathtaking panoramas and excellent shopping opportunities, it is a destination you do not want to miss. If you are craving artistic culture, take a relaxing walk through town to Santa Maria degli Angioli. For a spot of retail therapy, make your way over to the beautiful downtown shopping area, brimming with inviting shops, rich Swiss chocolate, and fine luxury goods. The choice is yours. After that, the bus will take you back to Milan’s city center in time for dinner.
- English-speaking guide
- Headsets (if needed) to hear your guide
- Ticket for the boat cruise
- All transfers by air-conditioned coach
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Food and beverages
Meet your guide by the large "Ago, Filo, e Nodo" (Needle, Thread, and Knot) sculpture, in front of Cadorna Train Station, Piazzale Luigi Cadorna. It's the giant needle with multi-colored thread (red, green, and yellow), sticking in the ground at the southeast end of the station as you exit
For transfers by Metro: take lines M1 or M2 (Red or Green Line) to Catorna FNM-Triennale
For taxi transfers, ask the driver to take you to Stazione Cadorna in Piazzale Luigi Cadorna (GPS coordinates: 45.468107, 9.176616)
What to Remember
• This is a small group tour of no more than 25 people (fewer on the walking sections of the guided tour)
• Most guests will not be required to have a Visa to enter Switzerland; a passport will be sufficient to enter the country. Please check this website (https://goo.gl/uKUFA5) for more information, and to determine if you may need a Visa (choose your country by selecting the first letter i.e “U” for United States.”
• This tour involves a fair amount of walking. Please wear comfortable shoes
• The supplier regrets that they are unable to accommodate guests in wheelchairs or with any impairment requiring special assistance. They are also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on group tours
• Entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women
• It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure