Discover the beauty of the Italian Lakes on a 10-hour day trip to Lake Maggiore from Milan. Take a panoramic cruise on the lake, visit the enchanting Borromean Islands, enjoy some free time in Stresa, and marvel at the beautiful Lombardy landscapes.
What to Expect
Swap the hustle and bustle of Milan for the peace and quiet of Lake Maggiore on a full-day tour from the Lombardy capital to the stunning "Italian Lakes" region on its doorstep.
A friendly tour manager will meet you at Cadorna Train Station, from where you will take a relaxing train journey to Lake Maggiore, the 2nd largest lake in Italy, world famous for its beautiful landscapes, mild climate, small villages and lush gardens.
Upon arrival, cruise to Isola Bella (“Beautiful Island”), one of the Borromean Islands, visiting the bucolic Borromeo Palace and Italian gardens. Soak up the scent of exotic flowers on Isola Madre (“Mother Island”), and lose yourself in the picturesque village lanes of Isola dei Pescatori (“Fishermen Island”).
The cruise takes you from Laveno to the Borromean Gulf, with panoramic views along the way.
- English-speaking tour manager
- Open train and boat tickets
- Boat trip on Lake Maggiore
- Visit to Palazzo Borromeo and Gardens (Isola Bella)
What's Not Included
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
Know Before You Go
• Please wear comfortable walking shoes, and during hot days wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun
• With regret, this trip is not wheelchair accessible
• You can enjoy additional free time in Stresa with the open boat and train tickets
• All minors should be accompanied by an adult
• Cancellations made up until 3 days prior to the tour will be granted a 50% refund. Those made less than 3 days prior will not be entitled to a refund