From Mexico City: Teotihuacan and Guadalupe Shrine Day Tour
Pickup includedYour hotel or any location of your choice in Mexico City
- Discover the site that was part of the capital city of the Aztec empire, Tlatelolco
- Visit Teotihuacan, the most important archeological site in Central Mexico
- Learn about ancient Mesoamerican civilizations
- See the Shrine of Our Lady of Guadalupe, one of the world’s top Catholic pilgrimage sites
- Visit the old basilica and the new church at Guadalupe
Tlatelolco (guided tour)
Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe (guided tour)
Teotihuacán (photo stop, guided tour)
Your first stop will be in the Tlatelolco neighborhood of Mexico City and its main square, La Plaza de la Tres Culturas, which is symbolic of Mexico’s unique cultural heritage. Continue on to the Guadalupe Shrine, located in the Basilica of Our Lady of Guadalupe, close to the spot where Our Lady of Guadalupe is said to have appeared to an indigenous Mexican.
Mexico's largest religious sanctuary, the Shrine houses the venerated image of the Virgin of Guadalupe and has been a pilgrimage site since the 16th century. See the old basilica, which was completed in 1709, and visit the new church, built between 1974 and 1976, after the old church began to sink into the ground. Experience one of the most important religious and cultural sites in Mexico as you tour the impressive atrium and interior of the new basilica, which now houses the Shrine.
After lunch (not included in the tour price), you’ll head to the great Teotihuacan Pyramids to explore the mystical site with a guide. See the Temples of Quetzalpapalotl, the Temple of the Feathered Shells, the impressive Pyramid of the Moon, and the Pyramid of the Sun, located along the long Avenue of the Dead. Admire the colorful murals and see the Mesoamerican artifacts in the Archaeological Museum as you learn more about this ancient civilization.
- Transportation from meeting point
- Entrance to the archeological site
- Personal purchases
- Hotel pick-up and drop off