Hidden Mexico City Small Group Tour with a Local Guide
From $48 per personBook now
- Discover the remains of an ancient Aztec city located under modern Mexico City
- Visit iconic sites like the Metropolitan Cathedral, the biggest cathedral on the continent
- Explore one of the most exotic markets in the city and shop for local snacks and specialities
- Learn about the beautiful Fine Art Palace while enjoying a local dessert and coffee
- See a beautiful piece of art painted by a renowned Mexican artist
Then jump through time into the conquest years, as you explore city streets and visit one of the most important buildings from the colonial period. Learn how native traditions changed, and how the Aztec gods were replaced by a new religion previously unknown to the locals in this land.
From there, skip from colonial times into modern-day Mexico City, and travel like a local, riding the subway to a community market. Along the way, your guide will share with you some facts about public transit in one of the biggest cities in the world. The transit trip will lead you to one of the most exotic markets in town. Here you’ll get to try a few samples, and if you find something you love, you’re welcome to order more.
Then grab some dessert and coffee or tea over at the Fine Arts Palace (Palacio de Bellas Artes), a gorgeous building that has gone from being a colonial-era convent into a modern-day display of Mexican arts and culture. We’ll finish our tour here — 700 years wrapped up into one epic day!
- Local English-speaking guide
- Entrance fees
- Public transportation
- Samples of local products
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Hostel Mundo Joven Catedral, Calle República de Guatemala 4, Cuauhtémoc, Centro Histórico, 06020 Ciudad de México, D.F. Meet behind the Mexico City Metropolitan Cathedral, on a pedestrian-only street. (Open in Google Maps)
• Bring a light jacket or sweater and, during the rainy season (May to September), it is recommended bringing a raincoat or umbrella.
• Leave your valuables, such as passports and credit cards, in the hotel and only bring a small amount of spending cash.
• Keep large cameras discreetly stored in a backpack.
• Travelers under 12 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
Product ID: 70356