See all 6 monasteries of Meteora on a guided panoramic tour with a local guide. Go inside 3 monasteries, an experience exclusive to this tour, see the Hermit Caves and learn the area's rich history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek, Spanish, French, German
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Take the 7:57 A.M. train from the Athens train station (Larissis Station). After arriving at Kalambaka train station, meet your guide, who will be holding a sign with your name on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The local train company only issues 20 first-class tickets for the journey. If you select first-class train tickets when booking, and availability is restricted, you will be refunded the first-class ticket price, with second-class train tickets provided instead
- Please note that to go inside the monasteries you must be dressed modestly. Women must wear long skirts (no pants/trousers) and have their shoulders covered. Men must wear long pants and long-sleeved shirts
- Your guide will pick you up and drop you off at Kalambaka Train Station even if the train is delayed
- Your train tickets are e-tickets and will be sent by email 2-3 days before your trip or immediately if it is a last-minute booking
- Please be at the station 30 minutes before the train departure to find the train, your seat, or the steward of the train company to assist you