From Messina: 8-Hour Etna Volcano Shore Excursion
From $399 Per group up to 3Book now
- Discover Mount Etna, the largest active volcano in Europe
- Explore the area of the wonderful Etna National Park
- Admire the spectacular scenery from the top of the volcano
Upon arrival you will have the opportunity to explore the Silvestri Craters. From Rifugio Sapienza you can also take a cable car ride to the top, where you can experience the lava fields and admire the incredible landscape view from Europe’s highest and most active volcano.
The cable car takes you up 2,500 meters to Montagnola, where you can hike and explore the area or simply enjoy a drink at the bar overlooking the area. From this point you could also jump on board a mini-coach to take you up to 2,800 meters, where you can hike the rest of the way up to reach 2,920 meters.
At the end of the tour you will be driven back to the port in Messina in time for your departure.
- Vehicle with air conditioning
- English-speaking driver/escort
- Visit as per itinerary
- Admission fees
- Ascent fees: cable car fee approximately 30 Euros per person; mini-coach fee 60 Euros per person
- Licensed tour guide
- Food and drinks
Messina Port: The port authority in Messina has limited access in the port area. Out staff will therefore be pleased to meet and greet you outside the Docking Pier holding a sign with your name on it.
However, the driver/escort is not a licensed tourist guide and is therefore not permitted to conduct tours in all sites and museums within the city. Should you require a licensed local guide, one can be arranged to meet you at the sites at an additional cost.
Every effort is made to provide the tour as described, however the itinerary may change due to situations beyond our control.
- From March – May and from October – November: pack a winter coat and wear sturdy shoes or hiking boots
- From June – September: pack a waterproof shell and dress in layers. Wear comfortable shoes or sneakers and do not forget you sunscreen, sunglasses, and sun hat.
Product ID: 16576