Visit the traditional San Pedro Chimay and Uayalceh haciendas (Mexican estates) to discover the rich history of the henequen (agave), the Yucatan's green gold. Also take a swim inside the beautiful cenotes located in San Antonio Mulix.
What to Expect
You'll be picked up from your hotel in Merida to visit the beautiful Hacienda San Pedro Chimay, an old henequen hacienda that has been restored to the original charm of its former life. You will walk through its green courtyard to enter the main house and the chapel, places where you will learn about the rich past of this wealthy henequen hacienda.
Then you will go to the vestiges of Hacienda Uayalceh, once one of the richest and most productive henequen plantations of the region. Nowadays you can see the architecture of this old hacienda from the 17th century, including the original machine room, chapel and main house. Travel back in time to the colonial days as you admire the façade of the main house and its ancient clock that always shows 06:30 hours.
After that, go to the small community of San Antonio Mulix, where you can see the beautiful cenotes X'batún and Dzombakal and have a chance to take a swim in the fresh, clear waters. Before you return to Merida, enjoy a tasty snack made by the local residents with traditional recipes.
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Bilingual certified guide
- Admission fee to Hacienda San Pedro Chimay
- Life vest
- Regional snack including one beverage
What's Not Included
- Use of snorkel equipment (available to rent)
- Non-specified food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Please bring comfortable clothes and shoes, a bathing suit, towels, a change of clothes, sunscreen, a hat, a camera and cash for personal expenses