Yarra Valley Wine, Chocolate & Local Produce Tour
- Sample some delicious beer at one of Yarra Valley's popular local breweries
- Enjoy wine tastings at three boutique wineries selected for their excellent customer experience and quality wines
- Indulge in platters of local fruit, cheese and chutneys at Gateway Estate farmhouse in the heart of the Yarra Valley
The first stop is at the Gateway Estate. Sample the best seasonal local produce such as berries, apples, and stone fruit as well as a selection of local cheeses and relishes. Visit an indoor "U-pick" strawberry hydroponic greenhouse with strawberry picking is available most of the year. Sample the Gateway strawberry liqueurs and ports and try their famous "strawberry shot-cake."
Enjoy free chocolate samples at the Yarra Valley Chocolaterie and Ice Creamery and watch the chocolatiers at work. Enjoy ample time here to pick up some goodies. Then, sit back and enjoy the views as you travel through the vineyards and rolling hills of the Yarra Valley with each winery selected for its excellent cellar door experience. The cool climate region provides the perfect growing conditions for all varietals, famous for its Pinot Noir, Shiraz, and Chardonnay, some of which you will get to sample throughout the day.
Take some free time to explore Healesville township. Stroll by the boutique shops, artist galleries, and grab a bit to eat at one of the cafes or popular pubs. You can even pop into Alchemy Distillery for a quick tasting (own expense). In the afternoon, visit a family-owned cellar where guests can meet the passionate brewers and sample a locally produced craft beer from Watts River Brewery. A similar alternative will be provided should any of the normally scheduled stops be closed for special events or public holidays.
- Ale or beer tastings
- Local fruit produce tastings
- Chocolate samples
- Wine tastings at two wineries
- Liquors & local produce tasting
- Time to explore Healesville
- Optional strawberry picking at Gateway Estate's indoor strawberry farm
- Lunch in Healesville
- Pregnant women
- Children under 18 years
Prepare for the activity
The Village Melbourne (formerly known as Discovery Melbourne) 167 Franklin St, Melbourne at 7:55 AM. If you would like an alternative pickup location, please contact the local partner's reservations team on +61 3 9393 1300.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Passport or ID card
- Sun hat
- Luggage or large bags