Melbourne: Shark Dive Aquarium Experience
- Go diving with sharks without a safety cage
- Experience the thrill of being face-to-face with Grey Nurse Sharks and more
- Dive under the watchful eye of an expert dive instructor, with training and equipment provided
Check-in on arrival and meet your friendly, expert instructor. Go behind the scenes, take a safety briefing, and make sure you are fully prepared for the experience. Learn how to safely use the gear, complete a medical assessment, and enter the class-walled training pool. Practice for your experience whilst admiring the marine life on the other side of the glass.
Next, the real adventure starts! Begin your shark dive alongside your expert divemaster and get up close to Grey Nurse Sharks, Blacktip Reef Sharks, Sandbar Whalers, Largetooth Sawfish, Rays, Groupers, various species of Cod, and lots more. Pose for photos and videos as these huge creatures of the deep swim past you.
After approximately 30 minutes in the oceanarium, you’ll be safely floated to the surface and assisted out of your gear. Head off for a well-deserved hot shower, then review the incredible images taken during the experience (available for purchase).
- A 60-minute introduction to SCUBA diving, briefing and training session
- 30 minutes of dive time with sharks
- All dive equipment & wetsuit
- All-day admission to explore SEA LIFE Melbourne Aquarium
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Children under 14 years
- Pregnant women
- People with heart problems
- People with respiratory issues
- People with epilepsy
- People with diabetes
- People with high blood pressure
Prepare for the activity
Check in at the front desk at the following times: 10:00am/11:00am Tours - Divers are required on-site at 8:45am for a safety briefing/induction. 2:30pm/3:30pm Tours - Divers are required on-site at 12:45pm for a safety briefing/induction.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Alcohol and drugs
For any diver under the age of 18, parental consent and attendance at the briefing on the day of the dive are required.
Do not drink alcohol the night before your dive
Do not fly in an aircraft within 24 hours after your dive
Customers must be in good health and able to lift and walk with approx 35kg of equipment
After booking, you will be sent a questionnaire relating to your past or present medical history with YES or NO answers. If you answer YES you will be requested to consult with a physician to obtain an Australian Recreational Dive Medical (AS4005.1) prior to arrival
If you wear glasses, consider wearing soft contact lenses for the day or arrange a prescription mask