Dive into Melbourne’s rooftop bar scene over 3 hours, surveying the city’s top spots to sip tasty drinks and enjoy views of the city below. 4 drinks per person included in each tour.
What to Expect
Many of the bars are hidden from the street; you enter via secret doors, elevators and staircases and have to know where they are located. With your expert guide, you visit a variety of fun spots with delicious drinks. It's even a chance for locals to discover new places.
Your guide has curated the tour so that you get a different type of experience at each place. One stop is steeped in local history. Another is situated at the top of a ‘vertical laneway’ and attracts a hip indie set. A third features elegant decor and atmosphere. The final one boasts a stunning terrace with a sordid tale in its past. All of the venues have great views and are perfect to enjoy the evening twilight.
Expect to walk just over a mile (2 km) over the three hours, with much of the time spent at the bars. Take in some of Melbourne’s famous street art and laneways as you stroll between stops. Your guide orders a special featured drink at each bar. If you prefer non-alcoholic drinks, just let your guide know.
Food is not included, but if hunger strikes, you can buy a burger from a rooftop burger shack; others indulge in Spanish tapas at another place or eat an early dinner beforehand. Some of the bars only have stair access; the itinerary may be adjusted depending on the group.
- Four drinks per person, one at each bar.
- Local foodie guide
- Guided tour and historical commentary of Melbourne’s laneways
What's Not Included
- Food, although there are inexpensive options on route
- Hotel transfers (trams in central Melbourne are free)
Know Before You Go
• This tour is for 18+ only.
• The operator practices the Responsible Service of Alcohol. Customers who arrive at the tour intoxicated will not be served alcohol on the tour. So don't have a drink beforehand.