From Melbourne: Penguin Parade and Koalas Tour
- See the little penguins of Phillip Island at sunset
- Get up-close-and-personal with koalas
- Hand-feed kangaroos, wallabies and emus
- View the ancient volcanos of The Nobbies
- Stroll along the sands of Woolamai Beach
Before you get to the Island, stop at Phillip Island Koala Reserve where you will experience a ranger-led tour through the koalas' native habitat. Meet the koalas face-to-face on the spectacular tree-top boardwalk.
Upon arrival at Phillip Island, visit the Cape Woolamai and Woolamai Beach. Let the sand flow through your toes as you stroll along the pristine beach and watch the local surfers carve the often monstrous waves.
Then, journey to the far western end of the Island to view the extinct volcano remains of The Nobbies. Venture onto the boardwalks to explore the beautiful coastline. If you're lucky you may even see some little penguins in their burrows or huddling under the platforms.
Experience the highlight of the day at the Phillip Island Penguin Parade. Go to the award-winning visitors center before making your way to the shoreline. As the sun sets to the west the little penguins will begin their dangerous journey across the yellow sands of Summerland Beach. Gathering in groups at the waters edge, watch as they waddle to the safety of the sand dunes. Once there, large numbers gather for one big penguin social evening.
Listen as they "huk" to one another and slowly make their way to their burrows for the evening. A truly spectacular experience not to be missed!
- Entry to Penguin Parade (general viewing)
- Entry and range-led tour of the Koala Reserve
- National Park entry fees
- Experienced driver guide with commentary
- Audio translation available in multiple languages
- On-board Wi-Fi
- Water refill station
- Hand sanitizer
- Personal expenses
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
• Meet at the Immigration Museum. Address: 400 Flinders St, corner of Market St, Melbourne. • Departure time varies during the year based on daylight savings hours and the season in order to maximize the sunset experienceOpen in Google Maps ⟶
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Reusable water bottle
- Oversize luggage
• Due to the fact that the tour operates with small-group vehicles with limited storage facilities, strollers, wheelchairs, prams or pushers can not be accommodated on this tour
• Infants aged 0 to 4 are not permitted to travel on adult laps and must be safely seated in a child protective seat. Infant protective seats are free of charge and must be requested at time of booking.
• No photography or filming is permitted at the Penguin Parade