Through gold rushes and rebellions, Olympics and royal visits, Melburnians have turned to ales, whiskeys, wines, and cocktails for comfort. Experience Melbourne’s unique bar scene with a local guide and visit its unique watering holes.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Starting time 3:00 PM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Learn about Melbourne’s history with a drink in-hand
- Try local beers, wines, and cocktails at four unique Melbourne establishments
- Discover hidden bars known only to local Melburnians
- A classic Aussie pub. Throw back a pot or a pint, as here’s where you’ll learn about the standard pour sizes of Victorian beers.
- A cocktail bar. Melbourne has some of the best mixologists around, but most of them are hidden in tiny, hidden cocktail bar laneways and survive on word of mouth alone. Visit a speakeasy-style bar and learn about how and why Melbourne’s laneway scene developed.
- Rooftop bars are a favorite place for Melbournians to gather and not just in summer. During winter, some rooftops add a marquee and heaters and carry on regardless. You’ll visit one of the most eclectic rooftop bars in the city.
- Local English-speaking guide
- Drinks and food
- Souvenirs and personal shopping
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Sir William Clarke Memorial Statue, Corner of Spring St and Treasury Place (next to the Old Treasury Building), Spring St, Melbourne VIC 3002, Australia.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Travelers under 18 years of age are not permitted to join this tour.
- For your Urban Adventure, you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people.