Full-Day Healesville Sanctuary & Puffing Billy TourProduct ID: 62952
From $118 per personBook now
Pick-up serviceA courtesy transfer from selected inner city hotels to the departure point at 570 Flinders Street is available on request
- Get close to Australian wildlife Healesville
- See the platypus and other favourites such as koalas, kangaroos, wombats & dingos
- Check out the unrivalled ‘Spirit of the Sky’ bird of prey and parrot show
- Climb aboard the century old steam train Puffing Billy and enjoy the ride through lush fern gullies and Eucalyptus forests
Ever heard of a duck billed platypus? Together with the four species of echidna, it is one of only five species of egg laying mammals in the world! The only place in the world you can find these guys is on the Eastern seaboard of Australia and the best place to see them is Healesville Sanctuary. This beautiful Sanctuary is also home to our other favorite native animals - koalas, kangaroos, wombats, dingos and the spectacular Spirit of the Sky bird of prey show! Check out the Australian Wildlife Health Centre which treats more than 2000 sick or injured animals every year and includes a training facility for our future veterinarians! You will be captivated.
From here it’s a short trip to Australia’s favourite steam train the magnificent Puffing Billy. Lovingly restored to its former glory this century old steam train continues to run on its original mountain track in the Dandenong Ranges, through lush fern gullies, with some of the tallest Eucalyptus trees in the world, Mountain Ash towering overhead. Jump aboard you will be mezmerised.
- Friendly and informative guide
- Healesville Sanctuary entry
- Historic tteam train ride
- Meals and drinks
570 Flinders Street, Melbourne. 3000 (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 62952