Medellín: The Real Pablo Escobar Tour
Pickup optionalHotel pickup is available in Poblado, central downtown, or Laureles.
- Learn the painful and bloody history behind the drug lord Pablo Escobar
- Visit the jail that Escobar built for himself, as well as his grave
- See the soccer field he built the in an effort to ingratiate himself into Colombian politics
Inflexión Memorial Park (guided tour)
Monasterio Santa Gertrudis La Magna (guided tour)
Cancha El Dorado (guided tour)
Cementerio Jardins Montesacro (guided tour)
Next, head to “la cathedral”, a jail Escobar built for himself in an agreement with the government, from which he later escaped. Afterwards, visit the soccer field Escobar built, known for its visionary design, where he gave speeches in an attempt to make a foray into Colombian politics.
To cap things off, make your way to the cemetery, where Escobar is buried along with his family and other members of his gang, including Griselda Blanco. By the end of the day, leave the tour with a better understanding of the negative impact that Escobar had on the country and the lives of the Colombian people.
- Roundtrip transportation from hotels in Poblado, central downtown, or Laureles, if option selected
- Knowledgeable English and Spanish-speaking guide
- Entrance to La Catedral
- Entrance to the cemetery
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- People with mobility impairments
- Wheelchair users
Prepare for the activity
- Comfortable clothes
- Closed-toe shoes