Explore the lesser-known southwest coast of Mauritius on a 10-hour scenic tour to Chamarel Waterfall, 7-Colored Earth, La Rhumerie de Chamarel, Grand Bassin, Trou aux Cerfs and the ship model factory in Curepipe.
What to Expect
Enjoy a 10-hour scenic tour to the wilder landscape of southwest Mauritius, stopping at stunning sights, such as the 7-Colored Earths at Chamarel, and the new Macondé Bridge.
Take a winding drive to the southwest corner of Mauritius, stopping at the Macondé Bridge for panoramic views across the Baie Du Cap River. Continue to Chamarel Village to admire the 90-meter high Chamarel Waterfall and curious 7-Coloured Earth, a natural phenomenon caused when basaltic lava converts the clay mineral into vibrant shades of red, brown, violet, green, blue, purple and yellow.
Visit La Rhumerie de Chamarel to learn about the various stages involved in making the local rum, before tasting the end product! A delicious gourmet lunch will then be served in a local restaurant. Next, make a short drive to the Black River Gorges, home to much of the island’s endemic flora and fauna.
You will then head to the sacred lake of Grand Bassin, the most important place of worship for Mauritian Hindus. Stop at the volcanic crater of Trou Aux Cerfs, where you can enjoy a panoramic view across almost the entire island.
End the tour with a stop at the ship model factory in Curepipe where their craftsmen are adept in the art of miniaturisation and the techniques of replica work.
- Pick-up and drop off at any hotel or accommodation in Mauritius
- Transportation to all sights
- Personal guide (French, English or German-speaking)
- Entry fees to all sights
- Rum tasting and tour of La Rhumerie de Chamarel
- Stop at Le Morne Anglers' Club, with Refreshment
• Cancellation policy: no show - no refund; cancellation on day of excursion - no refund; cancellation 1 day before tour 25% refund; cancellation 2 or more days before excursion - full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please remember to leave your hotel details and a contact number in the "remarks for local tour operator" section
• Please advise of any food allergies, or if you are a vegetarian
• In case of bad weather you will receive a full refund if cancellation is made by operator
• If tour is curtailed during excursion due to bad weather, you will receive a partial refund
• Operator reserves the right to change the day and date of the excursion