Mauritius: Guided 3-Hour Le Pouce Hike
- Hike to the peak of the third-highest mountain of Mauritius
- Take in 360-degree panoramic views of the whole island
- Learn about the multiple indigenous and endangered plant species of the mountain
- Encounter wild macaque monkeys
The first section of the hike travels through the forest of the mountain, allowing you to enjoy a nice meditative walk for 600 meters in the midst of indigenous plants and trees. The hike then continues to a section where you can enjoy magnificent views towards Port Louis and other peaks of the Moka range, primarily the Guiby peak.
Following 700 meters you will reach the shoulder of the mountain, which has an altitude of 736 meters. This area is basically a large flat area of land providing breathtaking views towards the south and northeastern part of Mauritius. At this point your guide provides you with delicious snacks as well as enough time to rest and take plenty of memorable photographs.
The hike then continues to the peak, with your guide ensuring that you take the easiest and safest path possible. The last part towards the summit requires some rock scrambling (good hiking shoes/boots or sports shoes are recommended) which can be tackled by both beginner and expert hikers.
Once you arrive to the summit, be rewarded with an incredible 360-degree panoramic view. Whilst on the summit you are given enough time to relax, enjoy the moment, take plenty of photographs, and receive more information about your surroundings. Following your time at top of the mountain, make your way back to the meeting point with your guide ensuring your security the entire way.
- Guided 3-hour hike
- Cereal bars
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Pregnant women
- People with back problems
- People with heart problems
- People afraid of heights
Prepare for the activity
Travel on the Bois Cheri Road B47 (heading towards St. Pierre) until you see a sign which will be on your left-hand side (mainly if you are coming from Moka) which indicated the direction to the mountain. Enter the road and keep on moving towards the meeting point, as per the GPS link sent to you.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Sun hat
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Insect repellent
- Alcohol and drugs
• Your tour will start and end at the same location
• A GPS link along with more details of the meeting point will be sent to you by email or WhatsApp
• The round-trip hike has a distance of 4.2 kilometers and an approximate duration of 3 hours
• A document containing all the rules and health-and-safety guidelines will be forwarded to you