Head out from Marrakech in the morning on an excursion that takes you to 4 different valleys and the High Atlas Mountains. Travel to Berber villages, stopping for lunch with a local family, hike to waterfalls and take in stunning mountain landscapes.
What to Expect
Enjoy a full-day trip from Marrakech to the most beautiful valleys of the High Atlas Mountains region in the company of an experienced guide.
At your first stop you’ll enjoy refreshing Moroccan mint tea and a traditional breakfast with a Berber family. Afterwards you’ll head to the Ourika Valley.
Take a 90-minute hike to see waterfalls and some spectacular vistas. Along the way you’ll see Berber women extracting the unique Argan oil.
Continue on to the second valley, Oukaimden, and take a secluded mountain road up to 1,800 meters above sea level. You’ll pass through many traditional Berber villages built from adobe and stones, and see the daily life of local Berber people.
When you arrive at Ait Fares, the third valley, you’ll be served a delicious full lunch. Enjoy a typical meal of soup, salad, Berber tajine, couscous, dessert, mint tea and mineral water in a local home surrounded by breathtaking scenery.
After that you’ll visit the fourth valley, Asni, best known for its fruit trees, where you can enjoy the views of the snowy summits of the High Atlas Mountains.
The tour concludes with a drive back to Marrakech via Tahanaout city, arriving at approximately 17:00, and a drop off at your accommodation.
- Hotel/riad pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by comfortable air-conditioned minivan or 4WD vehicle
- Small-group tour (limited to 7 people)
- Walking tour
- Professional mountain hiking guide
- Typical lunch at local Berber family home
- All entrance fees
- Local taxes
What's Not Included
- Gratuities for your driver (optional)
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• You can visit the weekly souk (Berber market) in Ourika on Mondays
• You can visit the weekly souk (Berber market) in Asni on Saturday
• You can visit the weekly souk (Berber market) in Tahnaout on Tuesdays
• You will receive confirmation at the time of booking
• Infant seats are available on request, if advised at the time of booking
• The tour may be conducted by a multi-lingual guide
• A vegetarian option is available if you advise at the time of booking