Situated at about 1600 meters high, the Ourika Valley offers a pretty escape from the summer heat of Marrakech or an area for gentle hiking. On this full-day trip you will experience the traditional Berber culture along the journey.
What to Expect
Depart around 9.00 am from Marrakech and head for the Ourika Valley which is located in the High Atlas Mountains of Morocco. It sits sixty five kilometres from the red city in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains. Even though the Ourika valley is near to the populated Marrakesh, it is one of the most unspoiled valleys in all of Morocco. The region is without a doubt the perfect destination for people who seek Moroccan adventure, discovery, relaxation and meditation.
The Ourika River weaves through the valley, which begins in the High Atlas Mountains and runs down towards Marrakech. The Valley is much more than a tourist location since it houses a number of plant species and the rare Barbary Macaques.
This high Atlas excursion is great for those who want to see the beautiful splendor of the high Atlas Mountains without trekking to the summit. The trek begins at a Berber village called “Setti Fadma” you will walk with a local guide for an hour or more until you get to the waterfalls of the valley. At this juncture there are 7 cascades, which provide a resplendent place to take pictures. Afterwards, enjoy a drink by the river then a delicious lunch at a local Berber family house.
- Hotel / riad pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by a comfortable air-conditioned mini van or 4wd
- Walking tour
- Professional mountains trekking guide
- Typical lunch at local Berber family house
- All entrance fees, local taxes and fuel
What's Not Included
- Tips and gratuities for your driver (optional)
Know Before You Go
• EVery Monday, you can also visit the weekly Souk (Berber Market) in Ourika Valley on this tour
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• A minimum of 2 people per booking is required, there is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is only one person booked onto the tour. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
• May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• You can visit the weekly Souk (Berber Market) in Ourika Valley every Monday.