Maldives 3-Hour Sun and Snorkel Trip with a LocalProduct ID: 58876
From US$140 per personBook now
- Swim with tropical fish on an afternoon snorkeling adventure
- Learn to identify the marine life of the Maldives
- Enjoy a traditional Maldivian afternoon tea with savory treats and sweet desserts
The guide will talk you through the key points for using snorkeling equipment, remaining calm in the water and protecting marine life, and give you tips on how to snorkel without causing damage to the coral. You’ll also get a mini marine life lesson, so that you can put names to many of the colorful fish you’ll see.
From there you’ll travel to Kandu Oiy Giri Island, where just beyond the harbor wall you may well see the many stingrays and moray eels that come to feast on the fish scraps from the local tuna processing plant. Afterwards, you’ll head to a sandbank where you can swim and snorkel some more, or just relax on the beach.
Enjoy a traditional Maldivian tea accompanied by fresh coconut, and the chance to chat with your boat crew. You’ll snack on bite-sized sweet and savory delights – the savory ones filled with vegetables, tuna, egg and chili, and the sweet ones with coconut or banana.
As the afternoon comes to a close, you’ll return to Hulhumale, where you can catch a ferry back to Malé or a taxi to your Hulhumale accommodation.
- Local English-speaking snorkeling guide
- Snorkeling equipment
- Transportation by speedboat
- Maldivian afternoon tea
- 500ml bottle of water
- Additional food and drinks
- Souvenirs and items of a personal nature
- Tips/gratuities for your guide
Public jetty adjacent to the Hulhumale ferry terminal (please note that if you are staying at a private island resort you will need to arrange return transfer with the resort to and from Male) (Open in Google Maps)
• It is best to leave valuables such as passports and credit cards at your hotel and only bring a small amount of spending money
• Note that the Maldives is a Muslim country, so please ensure that you dress modestly while traveling to and from the meeting point
• The provider is not able to accept non-swimmers on this tour
• Departures are subject to weather conditions, and for safety reasons this tour does not operate during storms or excessively rough seas
• Children between the ages of 6 and 11 inclusively are permitted on this tour at the rate listed, providing they are able to swim. Please select the child option when booking. Children below the age of 6 are not permitted on this tour. All children will be expected to wear a life jacket while on the speedboat and in the water
Product ID: 58876