Tantalize your tastebuds on a tapas tour of Madrid that takes you off the beaten track. Enjoy an introduction to the Spanish tapas culture in bars you might not otherwise visit, and get a feel for the real Madrid.
What to Expect
Experience Madrid the way Madrileños do on a tapas tour of the city. Take the plunge and discover first-hand what authentic Madrid has to offer at night. It is a great opportunity to try traditional Spanish food while experiencing traditional Spanish culture. Your tour guide will lead you to hidden corners of central Madrid to taste the bounties of Spanish cuisine. Enjoy delicious foods and drinks while visiting bustling restaurants with reasonable prices.
Your tour fee covers food and drink at the first bar, but after that you are free to choose and pay for the items you would like to sample. Get valuable advice and recommendations of local specialties from your guide. You will stop at traditional bars to snack on potent blue cheese, empanadas, and chorizo, all washed down with cider poured in a unique way.
Discover why the pig is king in Spain and visit a bar packed with Spanish hams. Enjoy taste-testing ham with Manchego cheese, salami, and olives along with a beer, tinto de verano, or soft drink. Sample typical Spanish delicacies, such as pimientos de padrón (baby green peppers), croquetas (ham-filled béchamel nuggets), and morcilla (black pudding), and top off the evening at a popular restaurant serving wonderful seafood and tostadas.
Expect to spend around EUR 30-35, and to go home very full, not only with delicious Spanish specialties, but with the culture and history of the Spanish capital!
- Drinks and tapas at the first bar
- Visit to 4 bars
- Commentary on the history and culture of Madrid and Spain
- Advice on food and drink
- Assistance with foreign languages
- English-speaking tour guide
What's Not Included
- Hotel pick-up/drop-off
- Food and drink (unless specified)
Meet by the bear statue in Puerta del Sol, near the glass turtle shell metro entrance. Your guide will be carrying a yellow "Adventurous Appetites" flier.
What to Remember
• A minimum age of 17 is required
• This tour is not recommended for people with walking difficulties or wheelchairs
• Please provide details of any special requirements (dietary or otherwise) at the time of booking
• Please provide an emergency contact number (mobile/hotel) at the time of booking