Toledo Half-Day Tour from MadridProduct ID: 44260
From US$53.39 per personBook now
- Learn about the happy co-existence of Moors, Jews, and Christians in Toledo
- Admire the impressive façade of the Primate Cathedral
- Go to the Synagogue of Ste. Maria la Blanca
- Visit a Damasquino factory to learn about the precious jewels of the Moors
- See the 15th-century Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes
- Wander the winding streets of the old Jewish Quarter
Start with a panoramic walking tour of the old quarters, and visit the Plaza del Ayuntamiento to see the magnificent façade of the Primate Cathedral of Saint Mary, the old Palace of Justice, and Toledo City Hall.
Continue through the former Jewish Quarter, wandering the narrow streets to the Church of St. Tomé, location of El Greco’s famous painting, “The Burial of Count Orgaz.” Visit the old Synagogue of Ste. Maria la Blanca, which remains as a symbol of the co-existence of Toledo’s “3 Cultures.”
Marvel at the Monastery of San Juan de los Reyes, built by the Catholic Monarchs in the 15th century. See the former Mosque of Cristo de la Luz, the last of 10 mosques that once stood in the city in the days of the Moors.
Enjoy panoramic views of the river from the Museo Victorio Macho, where you can also see works by the famous sculptor and watch a short audiovisual movie about Toledo. End with a visit to a typical Damasquino (Damascene) factory to see the precious jewelry perfected by the Arabs and brought to Spain by the Moors.
- Food and drinks
Meet at the Bus Terminal on Calle Ferraz, 3, Madrid (Bus Line 74). The nearest Metro stations are Plaza España (Lines 3 and 10) and Ventura Rodriguez (Line 3) (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 44260